What Is Short Term Car Insurance?
Short-term auto insurance is not the typical insurance coverage that people hear about. However, it does have its merits in some situations. For example, if you are driving cross country in a rental car, having flood or hurricane coverage on a vehicle that is being stored in an area affected by hurricanes, temporary ownership of a vehicle, and if you are a foreigner visiting the US for a certain amount of time. Those who have found themselves in these types of situations find that it is much easier to obtain short-term policy than to go through the process of having to cancel policies and possibly incur a fee for doing this. In addition, those who are just letting someone drive their vehicle for a few days or weeks will find that this type of coverage is much better because it will not affect their long-term coverage. In addition, it takes much less time to add short-term coverage when compared to adding the driver on your long-term policy for a specific period of time.
Where can you get short-term auto insurance coverage?
This type of coverage is available through most auto insurance brokers. Though, it is rarely advertised because not many people realize that it is an option or they either do not have situations in which the coverage would be needed. Since having insurance is mandatory by law, whenever you are switching vehicles temporarily or whatever the case may be, you need to make sure that you are covered for your sake as well as for the sake of other drivers on the road. Not having any type of insurance coverage will only lead to more problems down the road.
The Cost of Auto Insurance in Nova Scotia
Car insurance can be so expensive. There are ways in which you can save money on this expense though. One way is by rewriting your policy. When you do, here are some things that you should keep in mind.
Raise Your Deductible
Your deductible is the amount of money that you pay out of your pocket before your insurance company begins paying off on a claim that you have filed. The main way in which you can save money on your car insurance is by raising your deductible. This will actually lower your car insurance premium (the amount of money that you pay for your car insurance policy) by as much as 40%.
Make sure that you ask what all your options are when you talk with your insurance agent. Many of them may not tell you all of your options unless you ask. Make an appointment and take some time to learn about the insurance you are paying for, what it covers, etc.
Reasons to Get Temporary Car Insurance
If you already have car insurance for your car, you know you are covered in the case of an accident. But, what if you have a new driver in the family, such as a spouse or a teenager? You should add them to your policy, as well.
It is important to know the ins and outs of adding a driver to a car insurance policy so that you make the right decisions.
Decide Whether You Need To Add A Driver
The first decision you need to make is about whether to add the new driver to your policy. It breaks out like this: if the new driver is getting their own car, you will need to insure that car, either under your name or under the new driver's name. (If the new driver will be the primary driver for the car, you will probably want to insure the car under their name.)
3. Take this opportunity to shop your car insurance policy for a better deal: Any time you are adding a new person to your policy or if someone in your family is getting their own policy for their own car, it can be a smart time to shop for a better car insurance deal. Contact 4-5 competing insurance companies and give them your current coverage information. Ask them for a quotation. The whole process can take less than an hour and could save you hundreds in monthly insurance payments.
Follow these 3 tips to add a driver to your car insurance policy.
- Get Short Term Car Insurance South Africa
- Short Term Car Insurance 21 Year Old Gauteng
- Short Term Car Insurance Deals JHB
- Short Term Car Insurance For Low Value Cars Pretoria
- Short Term Car Insurance Impounded Vehicles Pretoria
- Short Term Car Insurance Phone Numbers South Africa
- Short Term Car Insurance Quote JHB
- Short Term Car Insurance Telephone Numbers Sandton