What Is Short Term Car Insurance?
Short-term auto insurance is not the typical insurance coverage that people hear about. However, it does have its merits in some situations. For example, if you are driving cross country in a rental car, having flood or hurricane coverage on a vehicle that is being stored in an area affected by hurricanes, temporary ownership of a vehicle, and if you are a foreigner visiting the US for a certain amount of time. Those who have found themselves in these types of situations find that it is much easier to obtain short-term policy than to go through the process of having to cancel policies and possibly incur a fee for doing this. In addition, those who are just letting someone drive their vehicle for a few days or weeks will find that this type of coverage is much better because it will not affect their long-term coverage. In addition, it takes much less time to add short-term coverage when compared to adding the driver on your long-term policy for a specific period of time.
Where can you get short-term auto insurance coverage?
This type of coverage is available through most auto insurance brokers. Though, it is rarely advertised because not many people realize that it is an option or they either do not have situations in which the coverage would be needed. Since having insurance is mandatory by law, whenever you are switching vehicles temporarily or whatever the case may be, you need to make sure that you are covered for your sake as well as for the sake of other drivers on the road. Not having any type of insurance coverage will only lead to more problems down the road.
Rewriting Your Car Insurance Policy to Save Money
Every auto insurance company offers several different options for paying your vehicle insurance premium. Several car insurance firms let you pay over the phone or online by electronic check or credit card, while others will require you to send in a check payment. You may also have the option to make an installment payment or pay for your insurance premium up-front, and you will save a few dollars each month in penalties and transaction fees.
Annual premium payments typically do save you money over the course of the year, and can also help you save time because you don't have to worry about making a payment by a certain due date each month. Here are some important things you should know about paying your car insurance in full:
When you choose to pay your auto insurance premium in full, you may only be required to pay a single transaction fee. In many cases, you can simply send in a check for the full amount and avoid transaction or processing fees altogether.
Paying your car insurance in full offers a number of money-saving benefits. Installment plans are designed as a convenience for customers that may be on a tight budget, or for those who simply don't have the full amount of their premium available to make an upfront payment. In most cases, you can avoid many types of transaction and service fees simply by making a one-time payment for your car insurance in full.
What Is Short Term Car Insurance?
Insurance comes in two types: short term and long term. In most cases, car insurance coverage you purchase for your needs would be on a long time basis. There are many cases where temporary car insurance would be more appropriate. Some of these scenarios are listed below:
- You purchased a new car. You want to drive it home but haven't finalized insurance yet. Whether you purchase a car out of state or at your local dealer, temporary auto insurance will help you get your new car home safe and sound.
- Your friend or family member drives your car. There are times when someone you know is going to visit you and need to borrow your car. If they are involved in an accident then you assume full liability. Best thing to do is purchase temporary auto insurance. Of course this goes both ways if you are borrowing someone else's car too.
- Get Short Term Car Insurance South Africa
- Short Term Car Insurance 21 Year Old Gauteng
- Short Term Car Insurance Deals JHB
- Short Term Car Insurance For Low Value Cars Pretoria
- Short Term Car Insurance Impounded Vehicles Pretoria
- Short Term Car Insurance Phone Numbers South Africa
- Short Term Car Insurance Quote JHB
- Short Term Car Insurance Telephone Numbers Sandton